Lowest score for Watford Boys inner catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
keepcalm

Lowest score for Watford Boys inner catchment

Post by keepcalm »

Please can anyone help me by providing an indication to the lowest academic score to Watford Boys (inner catchment area). Thank you
WP

Re: Lowest score for Watford Boys inner catchment

Post by WP »

It was 242 this year.
keepcalm

Post by keepcalm »

Thanks WP. My Ds score is 236 so unlikely then will get a place. Do you know how far the boys went out on distance as we live 700m away. Thanks very much for your help.
WP

Post by WP »

Only 326m this year. There's usually not much change to that during the year. The lowest score has been known to go down a bit, but 6 is probably too far.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Re-introduction of cross sibling rule has denied many local boys places at WGSB 326m does not seem very far at all. I am sure many families who live close by are rightly extremely upset. It seems to me that despite taking tests early the marks needed to secure academic entry are higher this year. Is this as a result of knowing scores? I am lucky I secured a distance place at my 1st choice Ricky. Distance here has come out a long way this year. I also applied to Queens and received a letter today saying that I would be 12th on academic waiting list so my DS score of 218 would not have been high enough for Queens on March 1st. Does anybody know academic cut offs for Rickmansworth and Queens?
WP

Post by WP »

They allocated places to all 54 siblings, 39 cross-siblings and 5 children of staff. 5 were admitted as LAC or statements. That left only 1 place for the second distance criterion, in addition to the 19 admitted under the first distance criterion.
RationalityRules

Post by RationalityRules »

Does anyone know the lowest score awarded a place in the outer catchment area for Watford Boys?

Thanks. RR
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Lowest score for outer catchment was 252, according to the stats sticky.

Alison
keepcalm

Post by keepcalm »

Thanks Decaff I am upset that my son cannot get in on distance to the Boys but the good news is he received his 2nd choice school Rickmansworth which is a great school. I looked on the Rickmansworth website earlier and it states 227 is the lowest academic score for Rickmansworth. Thanks WP for the Stats for how Watford Boys places have been allocated I didn't expect that many siblings/cross siblings.
chilli

Post by chilli »

According to Queens website under admissions, the lowest academic score offered on March 1 was 218. Wondering why he didn't get the place, is it worth appealing or following up at least if you are still interested in Queens.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now