Can someone recommend a Hertfordshire super-tutor?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pushy_Parent

Can someone recommend a Hertfordshire super-tutor?

Post by Pushy_Parent »

I’d like to enter my DS for QEB 11+ exam in Sep 2014. I’m not keen on using agencies or eleven-plus factories. There’s no shortage of freelance tutors, but so far, the ones I’ve found are a bit on the average side. I’m not worried about rates for someone who fits the following bill:

1. Has a PGCE or educational degree
2. Has a degree (with a 2.1) in a subject which calls for good Maths and English. After a bad experience with another DC, I’m avoid tutors with “soft” degrees, or those with no more than a 2.2 in the better-rated degrees.
3. It would also be a plus if they had strong A levels and went to a Grammar school themselves.

Having wasted a lot of time in the past, I’m going after good paper qualifications first, then I will interview any candidates for the other skills and attributes.

Please PM me if anyone comes to mind in S. Herts/N. London

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
  • • Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by clicking here

• Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
piggys

Re: Can someone recommend a Hertfordshire super-tutor?

Post by piggys »

Hi Pushy Parent; two questions: I'm interested to know which degrees, in your view, combine a very good knowledge of Maths and English. Presumably you are not looking for anyone with either a Maths or an English degree in that case? Or maybe someone with both? :?

Secondly in what ways have you found previous tutors to be disappointing or average?

Duplicate topic.

Moved to:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =7&t=31236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now