Chesham Grammar - Information Evening for Herts parents

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Chesham Grammar - Information Evening for Herts parents

Post by Sally-Anne »

It has been drawn to my attention that Chesham Grammar School is holding an Information Evening for current Y5 parents who live in Hertfordshire. CGS is around a mile from the county border to the north and east, but apparently quite a lot of Herts parents are completely unaware that their child may have a very good chance of admission to the school provided they qualify in the Bucks 11+.

Further details are given here: http://www.cheshamgrammar.bucks.sch.uk/ ... 0Herts.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne

Re: Chesham Grammar - Information Evening for Herts parents

Post by Etienne »

There have been many positive comments about Chesham Grammar on the forum.

For anyone interested in a co-educational grammar school, it would be a very good choice.
Etienne
decaff

Post by decaff »

I see a few children in the Rickmansworth area with CG uniforms but yes I believe many parents in SW Herts are unaware this is an option. I briefly considered it for my youngest DS. For anybody interested does anybody know how far school would be from Chesham Met station?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No more than a 10 minute walk, probably less in the afternoon when it is downhill!
Hera

Post by Hera »

I had no idea that it was an option and have never heard anyone talk about it. Will definitely mention it to parents of current year 5 kids. Thanks
decaff

Post by decaff »

I have a friend who lives in Bucks whose Ds went to CG and she said it was fab school. He is now studying medicine and she chose it over Dr Ch even though she lives in Amersham. I would hazard a guess that it may be easier to gain entry to CG than Watford Boys or Girls on academia simply because it is 100% exam entry. I did flirt with the idea of getting DS to sit exam. However year 5 parents need to be aware that you need to register to sit the exam very early. I think it would be a good idea for any interested parents to attend information evening. There may even be school buses up and running in this area. Sally Anne you are such a good source of information on this topic is it true that sometimes school is not full as not enough applicants with high enough pass mark?
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

There are 4 boys going to Chesham next year from our year 6 group in our school in Pinner HA5.
So it's a possibility even from Hillingdon/ Harrow.
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

Aylesbury High School for Girls and Aylesbury Grammar School for Boys also tend to have lots of places available for out of county students. Their first allocation this year went as far as 16 miles out. These are also options for some Herts parents to consider. I live in Hemel Hempstead and my daughter got a place at Aylesbury High School this year, although we have now rejected it in favour of Parmiters!