Bushey meads test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
brimoyuyu

Bushey meads test

Post by brimoyuyu »

Hi.

Just need advice for non verbal test this Saturday for bushey meads? and why students applying for bushey meads has to do sw tests as well as non verbal test?

How many students took that exam in previous years?
Queenie

Re: Bushey meads test

Post by Queenie »

Bushey Meads takes 17 students on the technology (non verbal) exam. The rest of the students are placed into bands A-D. Band A being the top 25% and so on. They then take 39 from band A and 38 from each of band B-D. Hence the need to take the consortium test as well.
I don't know how many took the exam last year.
brimoyuyu

Post by brimoyuyu »

Thanks for the reply and good luck to everyone.

I understand why the others applying under other criteria have to take the SW consortium test but if you are applying under the technology test like me, as we are outside catchment area and with no sibling, what is the point of taking the sw test.
Queenie

Post by Queenie »

You can apply under both criteria. There isn't a catchment area as such. Once the student is banded it then goes on distance from school. Admittedly, as you obviously live a way away you only have an outside chance. However, there have been some years where all of band A have got in so if your dc gets into band A they do have a chance under that criteria.
That I think is why the exam is compulsory. My ds had to take the exam to be banded even though he has a sibling there.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
brimoyuyu

Post by brimoyuyu »

thanks for making it clear.

really appreciate it
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now