Herts Consortium Email Received

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dez

Re: Herts Consortium Email Received

Post by dez »

Middlesexmum wrote:Is anyone else really hating all this? I'm feeling quite stressed.

I had initially thought dd's score of 247 was quite good but after hearing some of these amazing scores, I'm realising it's not so good.

I haven't even told her yet and not sure how to explain how good or otherwise it is.
There tends to be more high scores on the forum, so don't take to much notice. :D
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

I think you have to remember that the scores being posted here are only a tiny fraction of the total number of dc that have taken the tests. 247 looks very good if you compare to data from the last few years. Try not to get stressed!
My dd didn't take the academic test - we have just received the music result and I have no idea how good or not it is compared to anyone else because no one has posted!!
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

Hello everyone. I'm assuming we are OK to post individual results then? Apologies if not.

My son got 260, we are in catchment and hoping for a place at Parmiters. We went to the open evening last night and it was really difficult trying to balance our enthusiasm for the school against trying to be realistic about getting a place/not getting his hopes up!

I guess the loooooong wait begins now until early March. Good luck everybody, I can honestly say that this forum has kept me sane over the last year and I am full of admiration for these wonderful children of ours who have had to work consistently and conscientiously for such a lengthy period. I really felt for them stood outside the school waiting for the tests, clutching their snacks and pencil cases and suddenly looking terribly young. I hope they all get the places they want.
Push

Post by Push »

My DS got 270. We are outside catchment so only option for us is the 3-4 seats at Parmiters. Last year the cut-off was 270, so not too hopeful.
Reetu

Post by Reetu »

Anyone knows what was the highest score last time for herts?

My dd has scored 269 and I feel she will get her choice! Must say relaxed and stress free now:)
ss1405

Post by ss1405 »

got 256 (out of catchment)

music 42 out of 45.

not sure where my DS stand
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

This is for the poster up thread who is in HA8.
I would say that on paper St C D's is the most prestigious. Ofsted outstanding. No direct experience except DF has 2 super smart DDs who go there (1 got 11 A* at GCSE).
DS1 is at BM Y8, top sets for most subjects & v happy. There are a number of super smart kids there & they differentiate & stretch them apparently (one DC is doing A level maths :shock: ). The news is that the head teacher is leaving & they haven't found a successor and they are expanding the school in the next few years.

My question would be, where are you, in Edgeware HA8? How is the DC getting to school? 142/258 buses go through Bushey. Edgeware to Chorleywood will require a number of tube changes & not sure of the provision of a bus service from the station to the school.
felinefrenzi

Post by felinefrenzi »

Hi all, not sure it is appropriate to say how high a mark your child obtained. There will be lots of parents tonight with a lower mark than anticipated, looking for guidance too.
Your child will flourish with your support wherever they end up.
brimoyuyu

Post by brimoyuyu »

Hi.
Huge thanks to HenryVII for the great information.
Yes we are in Edgware HA8, for BM it is direct bus 142 but St Clt he needs to walk for a significant distance from bus stop.
thanks again
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

The cutoff scores for Watford girls has risen by 2 or 3 points per year since 2011 according to their website. Is this a trend? Is it likely the cutoff will be yet higher again this year? There seems to be some amazingly high scores around.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now