South West Herts test results (2013)-please post scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HertsQuery

Re: South West Herts test results (2013)-please post scores

Post by HertsQuery »

Hello everyone, someone sent me a pm this morning. I have replied but it's not showing in my outbox. So I've put a summary of my reply on the "South West Consortium email received" thread.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Lots of useful information in the FAQ's http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After sending a private message your message stays in your outbox until it is read by the recipient.
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

Thank you mitasol.
asldoc

Post by asldoc »

I have looked across the different posts and found 35 scores mentioned. I took any scores whether it was directly from people's dd/ds or the "I heard X got 2xx" variety.
The average of these scores so far is 250- which seems exceptionally high. I take the point that the posters here might skew to the high end of scores.
Still one mother posted after the exam that children felt it was rather easy this year....could it be that scores are in general higher than before?
Hera

Post by Hera »

asldoc wrote:Still one mother posted after the exam that children felt it was rather easy this year....could it be that scores are in general higher than before?
No because if it was an easier paper for everyone standardisation will take that into account and the standardised score will be the same. I imagine people with high score are more likely to share. This time last year scores for these schools were not openly shared on the forum so it is hard to compare, but if you look at the scores over the past few years for all the consortium schools they have remained pretty much the same given a point or two. There have been no changes to the exam or entry criteria this year so it is a pretty safe bet that the scores will not change vastly this year in my opinion.
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

Hoping this helps:
DS 263 - for Parmiters
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

As hero says the scores are standardised so the same % of children will get the same scores as previous years. Previously scores have not been posted as they don't really help. Only tokes with very high scores will post unless you are in panic mode & don't know what to do. If your score is very high you will get your first choice, if very low you will need a distance place, if borderline ( within 5 marks either side of score previously required, you are no better off & will have to wait until march or even September to know, although it may guide you into making at least 2 back up guaranteed choices
hemantpro

Post by hemantpro »

My DD got 250, we are in inner catchment
asldoc

Post by asldoc »

Thank you for you replies and I hate to be a big worrier - but it is my nature :)
The scores are standardised for age and across the two tests (maths and VR) - they are not standardised across the years. I actually checked this with the admission secretary at the WGGs open house tonight.
This means- while the entrance score is usually in the same ball park- it could be completely different from year to year- if- for example- the test that year was exceptionally easy or the students were exceptionally bright.
ss1405

Post by ss1405 »

My DS got 252 , outer catchment.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now