watford boys or parmiters

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mkrishn5

watford boys or parmiters

Post by mkrishn5 »

hi , needed guidance if watford boys better or parmiters , son has scored 265 in SW consortium
my son has got 116 in slough consortium , would he stand a chance in Langeley
thanks
HappyCow

Re: watford boys or parmiters

Post by HappyCow »

Excellent mark, well done to DS.
Visit the schools again - that will help.
Which one is easier for your DS to travel to?
mkrishn5

Post by mkrishn5 »

Watford Boys is close by , but confused to choose between watford boys and Parmiters , would it be best to go to mixed school
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

mkrishn5 wrote:Watford Boys is close by , but confused to choose between watford boys and Parmiters , would it be best to go to mixed school
I think that's a question nobody else can answer without knowing your son. Some boys will thrive in an all male atmosphere and have the time of their lives, for others a mixed school is better. My oldest son spent a short period in a boys school and he found it too "macho" and overwhelming, but then I would describe him as quiet and geeky, good with small groups but easily overwhelmed by lots of people or noise. My middle son was equally at home just with boys or in a mixed school. I think they would achieve just about the same academically in either setting, but socially I prefer mixed, especially as they have no.sisters.

I haven't seen Watford Boys as we are out of catchment, but liked Parmiters. What view did you form at the open evenings? What did your son think?
mkrishn5

Post by mkrishn5 »

Thanks , it was helpful
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now