Brain food and energy snacks for fussy eaters

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amabau

Re: Brain food and energy snacks for fussy eaters

Post by amabau »

sorry I am not being rude here, but is there anything such as "Brain Food". It is a just a beginning for the children. They will have a lots of these kind of exams in their life. So just give them what they eat normally and they would be fine.
And for the exam a bottle of water is the best.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I also think, and maybe already said, that an exam is stressful enough without eating 'good' food that you don't like that much. I have ours sweets and chocolate,they wear so thrilled at the unaccustomed sugar that they forgot to be nervous about the exAm! Plus, they do benefit from the sugar rush from sweets and choc to an extent, and there's always fall out after the exam anyway, loaded with sugar or not!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

My DS opted for a jam sandwich on white bread as his snack of choice! Apparently the best bit for him was eating it during the break with his friends! :)

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:My DS opted for a jam sandwich on white bread as his snack of choice! Apparently the best bit for him was eating it during the break with his friends! :)

JD
:D :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

All ours got a funsize choccy treat from their teacher between papers...hey why not :D they get them after a x country too!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

southbucks3 wrote:All ours got a funsize choccy treat from their teacher between papers...hey why not :D they get them after a x country too!
A finsize choccy treat?????

And not even from you????

Mind you, theres not a lot I wouldn't do for a fun size mars bar just now, tbh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Well I sent dd off to NLCS today with minstrels to suck on in case of energy dip, bottle of water and a smoothie carton. She didn't have any of it, preferring the provided kitkat and orange juice :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now