Watford Boys Results Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Magoo

Re: Watford Boys Results Please

Post by Magoo »

"281, that's an amazing score! I thought 280 was the maximum...?"

282 is maximum for for academic, 45 for music. Yes very pleased. He did so well - worked hard for it.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

Middlesexmum wrote:281, that's an amazing score! I thought 280 was the maximum...?
282 is maximum and we know a boy who got that too!
keepcalm

Post by keepcalm »

Watford Boys have posted a link on their website showing the lowest scores and distance for 2014.

Academic inner 255
Academic Outer 260
Distance 224

The scores are very high this year.
WP

Post by WP »

The music cutoff for the inner area is higher than for the outer area this year. I don't think that's happened before.

PS: oh, it happened in 2006. Still rare.
tofindout

Post by tofindout »

Does anyone know how many positions (not score) down the waiting list did it go in the last few years?
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Hi, we were 6th on waiting (outer), we got Watford Boys late June or July can't remember but later declined as we accepted QEB. Someone from my DS primary waiting list 8 or 9 got in got in in september (outer catchment) if that helps
itsajoke

Post by itsajoke »

Hi

Would really appreciate some BIG TIME advice

We had set our sights on Watford Boys and even though my son was sitting the 11+ we found a house 296 meters away from Watford Boys - sold our old house and moved heaven and earth to buy this house.

We spoke to the school as previous catchments were 330m ish so they said that we should be fine.

Our son achieved 251 on the 11+ and also due to the distance we were quite certain we would get in.

Heart attack to find he didnt get in due to everything we had done to make this happen.

So we are 296 meters away and score is 251.

the website shows for this year it was 224 meters and 25 on score

I really need to know what chance we have of getting in through waiting lists / appeal.

If we are on the waiting list will that be due to distance or score or both. If its on distance then its unlikely anyone would give up their place - if its on the score then we are 4 points away.

Really would appreciate advice on what we can / should do and what we can expect.

thanks in advance
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

You can stay on both continuing interest lists: distance and academic. Contact the school to find out what position your son is on each of these lists. Then hope and pray that enough boys give up their places.
WP

Post by WP »

From the stats sticky, you can see that in the last 9 years the inner academic list has moved by 3, 2, 4, 5, 1, 1, 6, 2, 2 points respectively between March and September. So it's definitely possible, but not certain.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

unfortunately numerous other people have done exactly what you have done, moved into the area at relatively short notice just to get into the school. I am pleased to see that you have actually bought a house and hopefully intended to stay here beyond getting your son into the school, however a number of people rent and move out again as soon as their child's place is confirmed. The flats right next to the school ( i live in the same estate, but moved here 9 years ago) change hands frequently and the distance required to get in has gone down everywhere since we moved. ( bar the years the cross sibling rule went) There are probably about 5 x the number of boys than girls 'living' on the estate.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now