Unable to attend sw herts consortium test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nearly over

Unable to attend sw herts consortium test

Post by Nearly over »

Does anyone know what would happen if a child wanted to apply to herts consortium schools but was unable to sit the academic test on main date or back up date? Would they still be able to apply to Bushey Meads or Queens for example as they like all students to sit the test, whether siblings or distance?
HenryVIII

Re: Unable to attend sw herts consortium test

Post by HenryVIII »

There has to be very unusual circumstances such as a medical condition or a bereavement for there to be exceptions. (I have no evidence of this but I am sure that there are a small number of people who are discretely accommodated for these reasons after the given dates). Evidence of medical or religious reasons would need to be provided; this is clearly stated on the letters which arrive once you have your test centre allocated.

If no compelling evidence can be provided then I doubt there is any obligation to continue offering slots especially after CAFs are submitted as the schools are their own admitting authorities. BM, for example, group all applicants regardless of siblings into bands prior to applying their admissions criteria and allocating places. I only know of one specific statemented child being exempted from taking the test.

What circumstance exactly did you have in mind?