Fact or Fiction

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stig

Post by Stig »

I can back up WP's last post as my son sat the WB test (and passed).

The questions they send out in advance are not much help.

The VR familiarisation on the day was for about 20 minutes and I think genuinely did put my son at ease.

He found the VR test last year much easier than the NFER tests we practised on even though there were 100 questions in 45 minutes. He finsihed early and had time to check his answers and twiddle his thumbs. He'd never finished an practise NFER paper in time before.

The DAO rumour was about last year - essentially they used the same test paper and so those kids who sat for DAO had already seen the paper and had an advantage. Not sure if this is true.

Hope this helps.
WP

Post by WP »

Stig wrote:The VR familiarisation on the day was for about 20 minutes and I think genuinely did put my son at ease.

He found the VR test last year much easier than the NFER tests we practised on even though there were 100 questions in 45 minutes.
From the letter they've just sent out, it seems that this year's format is the same as last year's, at least as regards times: 50 mins maths, 15 mins break, 75 mins VR, including a practice and 45 mins for the test itself.
WatMom

Post by WatMom »

From the letter should we assume that first it will be mathematics and then verbal reasoning follows?

What was the sequence last year?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now