How different will CEM be in Herts ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bitworried

How different will CEM be in Herts ?

Post by bitworried »

Soooo i logged on to start thinking about d i y tutoring my year 4 ( my yr 9 dd got into wggs a few years ago via this route and this website was so helpful in the process :D ) and saw a post that from next year verbal reasoning test will be CEM ?? :o ...

so would really appreciate if anyone has got their head round what will be needed

:?: will it be v different to the test before eg i looked at a bucks post and it said, non verbal reasoning, comprehension ? :?: are any of the materials we used last time still useful eg susan daughtry, athey, walsh, ips... ?

thank you ( i know we are early thinking about it in year 4 and am hoping we might just qualify under sibling rule, but you never know what will happen ....) :)
ppl3kumar

Re: How different will CEM be in Herts ?

Post by ppl3kumar »

You don't know what really worry is first of all you are in a better position than parents like me who dd taking exam this year,secondly wggs sibling policy
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is CEM this year not next year, it is CEM for the exam on September 5th. Focus on the English aspect of VR, CEM VR is only English, not Maths. Maths CEM is called Numerical Reasoning. DG
bitworried

Post by bitworried »

apologies ppl3kumar if i have offended you, my username is from when i as a first timer went through the process and i dont know how to change it (i did look) to bitconfused.... without wishing to start a squabble when i have always found this forum to be so supportive usually... i was confused by the new changes and asking for some clarification which i thought would be of help to everyone who has to adjust to this change... i do know what the stress of preparing the test for the first time without using a tutor is like and i wish you all the best in your preparations... i am sorry if i misunderstood the timescales i just was really confused by the whole change altogether and not sure where to look for correct advice eg looking at the bucks post by Patricia am i barking up the wrong tree by looking there ?- hence my question
thank you daogroupie i will look at those bits , are there lots of new things included from last time ?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

You don't know what really worry is first of all you are in a better position than parents like me who dd taking exam this year,secondly wggs sibling policy

a quick reminder of forum etiquette

2. “Think first, post second.” A post may not always read the same to others as it does to you. Review your post before submitting it and consider how it will be received by others. If your post is misinterpreted and causes offence, explain and apologise.

Yoyo

ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Sorry if i offended you bit worried that wasn't my intension,
all i was trying to explain you are in a better postion than lot of parents who's kids taking exam this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now