Are this years results a little low - Don't know what to do!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lizaccc

Are this years results a little low - Don't know what to do!

Post by lizaccc »

My DD got a 191 score and wanted to know how this fairs with other results. Is this a low score? Whilst the SWC say to add 25 due to the drop in results, I still would like to know how where this sits in general. I now don't know whether to bother putting our dream list of schools down as I don't know how likely it is she'll get in...
fiate2000

Re: Are this years results a little low - Don't know what to

Post by fiate2000 »

It's difficult to comment without knowing which school you are aiming for and if you are within or outside catchment.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

if you look at the school websites you are interested in you should be able to see their historical scores, that gives you an idea where he may get a place. Its hard to know this year but adding 25 is a guideline...considering the consortium have seen all the scores i would say this should be a good indication and way to compare. hope that helps.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Lizzac Rickmansworth, Queens and BM are all worth having as a choice. Also need other backups. Can you rely on distance/faith for any schools?
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

Queens and BM seem achievable. You have 4 choices, you should put these in order of preference, even if unlikely, you'll still get a waiting list position for your higher ranked schools which you can remove yourself from down the line. Allocations are done on a computer in a blink of an eye and it won't damage your chances of getting into a school you are confident you'll get a place at. Although I recognise that psychologically, it will feel better to have this resolved at this point in time.

Just note that if you are in catchment but are unlikely to qualify for a distance place (check out the sticky at the top of the SW Herts page for historical distances), then Parmiters, StCDs and WGSG would not be realistic based on a range of high scores already posted.

Think about what is commutable for your DD and where her friends might go. What does she like? Queens - music. BM - technology/drama/dance. In the end, schools are schools..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now