Queens or St michaels

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ladywatford35

Queens or St michaels

Post by ladywatford35 »

Hello,

I'm a bit confused and I would like to ask which school would you prefer as I like both and I dont know which one to put as my second choice in my application. I have seen St Michaels is rated as Outstanding and Queens as Good. So, Im confused. Which one would be a better choice? Many thanks.
silverysea

Re: Queens or St michaels

Post by silverysea »

Well, you could simply say that Outstanding is better than Good and rank accordingly.

Or, you could visit each and ask about the areas that are important to you - academics, pastoral care, sports, music, other extracurricular.

Or you can analyse in more and more detail, things like, how long is the journey time at rush hour, are any friends (or enemies!) going, what is the trend in grades at GCSE, A level, and then do it for each subject.

Until you go stark, staring mad. :shock:

Then you go to rehab.
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

My daughter started at Queens in September and is doing very well there, she is happy and we are happy with the school.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

silverysea wrote:
Or you can analyse in more and more detail, things like, how long is the journey time at rush hour, are any friends (or enemies!) going, what is the trend in grades at GCSE, A level, and then do it for each subject.
Where we live, there is exceptional uncertainty about who will go to which secondary school, but if you're in an area with more clearcut choices and/or you have a crystal ball that indicates where an enemy will go, by all means avoid the angst. Life is far more pleasant without the pseudo queen bee(s).
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now