Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Queens or St michaels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hello,

I'm a bit confused and I would like to ask which school would you prefer as I like both and I dont know which one to put as my second choice in my application. I have seen St Michaels is rated as Outstanding and Queens as Good. So, Im confused. Which one would be a better choice? Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:15 pm 

Well, you could simply say that Outstanding is better than Good and rank accordingly.

Or, you could visit each and ask about the areas that are important to you - academics, pastoral care, sports, music, other extracurricular.

Or you can analyse in more and more detail, things like, how long is the journey time at rush hour, are any friends (or enemies!) going, what is the trend in grades at GCSE, A level, and then do it for each subject.

Until you go stark, staring mad. :shock:

Then you go to rehab.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:23 pm 

My daughter started at Queens in September and is doing very well there, she is happy and we are happy with the school.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:20 pm 

silverysea wrote:

Or you can analyse in more and more detail, things like, how long is the journey time at rush hour, are any friends (or enemies!) going, what is the trend in grades at GCSE, A level, and then do it for each subject.

Where we live, there is exceptional uncertainty about who will go to which secondary school, but if you're in an area with more clearcut choices and/or you have a crystal ball that indicates where an enemy will go, by all means avoid the angst. Life is far more pleasant without the pseudo queen bee(s).

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admissions arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.