Watford GGschool -Distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WWV06

Watford GGschool -Distance

Post by WWV06 »

Hi There,

Is any one have idea/experiences about the WGGS selection process distance rule. I am living in just 11min walking distance to the WGGS around 0.6miles walking distance. Not sure i can get the distance points? Please let me know any one have idea?

Thank you in advance
kenyancowgirl

Re: Watford GGschool -Distance

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You might get a better response if you post in the relevant geographical area, rather than verbal reasoning.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I've moved it to the Herts section
2g2c

Post by 2g2c »

HCC calculate the distance to school and then this is applied by all Herts schools in strict order.
You can check your distance here,
http://www.hertsdirect.org/ufs/ufsmain? ... 7487&ebd=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then look at the distances for previous years, this will give you an idea but not a yes/no answer as, like all criteria, this changes every year.
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

WWV06 wrote:Hi There,

Is any one have idea/experiences about the WGGS selection process distance rule. I am living in just 11min walking distance to the WGGS around 0.6miles walking distance. Not sure i can get the distance points? Please let me know any one have idea?

Thank you in advance
0.6 miles is 965 metres. Since the reintroduction of the cross-sibling rule, DD getting a distance place have been well under that. I would not use distance as my sole strategy to get into WGGS but look to get entry by music and academic means as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now