Info on St Clement Danes or SCD

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Evoque123

Info on St Clement Danes or SCD

Post by Evoque123 »

Hello

We have been allocated SCD for our DC for September. He is currently in a lovely private school...used to being in a strict learning environment and his classmates are mostly polite and well mannered children, he's been very happy there.

I have heard that SCD is a lovely school and when we looked it seems lovely but am anxious about moving from private to state, I went to a state school that was awful, he loves school and I'd hate to change his view on school by moving him.. we would like to move him for the financial benefit but also because his current school is a bit like a bubble.. Do any of you have experience of children going from private to SCD, or do any parents have anything they could share about the children at the school as a whole. I've only heard good things but I don't actually know anyone who's children go there and I'm now panicking about what to do for the best.

Any help would be great! Thanks
CeciC

Re: Info on St Clement Danes or SCD

Post by CeciC »

Hi,
My DD1 is in Y10 in SCD and she and we are very happy with the school. Her younger sister will join her this September. She has several friends that came from private primaries and as far as I know, they all settle very good in the school. The school keep good track on its pupils, and as far as I know, they are tough on discipline. At the same time, after 4 years in the school, my DD1 has a very good relationship with her teachers, who are helping her a lot on her preparation for her GCSEs. Of course, the school is a comp, and not all selective, so as such, there are a mix of pupils, ones that want to achieve and some that they are not that bothered. Personally, I think this is a good experience to have, as in the real world, you have to work and live with all types of people.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now