Clement Danes Music Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anon

Clement Danes Music Test

Post by Anon »

Does anyone know whether Clement Danes send notification of a result regardless, or only in the event of success in first round?

I am assuming that letters must have gone out to those who were succe ssful by now and that we are not going to be asked back. However, it would be nice to know for definite. What have people heard?
CW 21

St Clement Danes music test

Post by CW 21 »

My son also did not hear whether or not he passed the music test. However, my friend's son received a letter on Thursday asking him to come to the school to perform a musical piece on Monday 26th. So I'm guessing that if you haven't heard, it's not good news. But don't take my word for it, why not give the school a ring on Monday. Good luck.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Thanks for your reply CW 21 - I thought as much.

Fortunately, though, we had good news today. We're in Bucks and found out we'd passed the 11+, so having listed Bucks grammars first on our form, will be going down that route. :D

Best of luck for any forthcoming tests.
oneworriedmum

Post by oneworriedmum »

It really is strange how postcode can make such a difference to a child's experience with secondary transfer. Having to wait until March to hear result is tough. How come in Bucks they can tell you so much quicker?!
Anon

Post by Anon »

It's all because everyone here has to go through the 11+ tests unless you specifically opt out.

The tests now start at the beginning of October rather than much later in the school year, as used to be the case, because school places have to be allocated by 1st March. Now the results are out the appeals have to be dealt and these take until early Feb. to finish. Anyone successful in these is then added to the 'passes' and places are allocated on 1st March.

It's quite a drawn out process really and there's a lot of pressure, especially in year 5 and then, of course, taking the test itself. In lots of ways it would be so much easier to live in Herts within catchment of a good comp - certainly a lot less hassle - and you're assured of a good school whatever your child's ability.

We may have our results earlier in Bucks but, boy, the process seems to have been going on forever. Those who have been successful, though, can now pretty much rest easy as a grammar place is guaranteed and the vast majority get their first choice. For those that weren't so fortunate though, it can be a nightmare. :roll:
oneworriedmum

Post by oneworriedmum »

Hmm.. I appreciate it ain't easy wherever you are. But if it was easy to be in the catchment of a good comp in Watford area, or if all the schools you are likely to be offered were good schools, there would be a few less stressed out parents around here!
Anon

Post by Anon »

At least in Herts you only have to go through the process once - and can, then, presumably rely on the sibling link. Sibling link in Bucks only applies once you know whether grammar or upper is applicable. Also a lots of the schools are single sex so with a brother and sister you don't benefit from it!

Also, in Herts there's always the option of buying near a good/reasonable comp - there aren,t any in Bucks!
oneworriedmum

Post by oneworriedmum »

I see what you mean, but I suspect "the grass is always greener"! We considered moving, but we would have had to go down from a three-bed, 2 reception with garden house to a two-bed apartment, with one reception to get in the catchment area we wanted. My husband flatly refused to do it and I don't really blame him.

Once results are out in March, there is quite a shake-down process (appeals etc) that goes on, so it will be stressful again then, if we didn't qualify on the tests.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I think there are problems whichever system you come under.

Must admit I wouldn't want to wait until March until the schools were allocated to see if we'd passed :shock: 5-6 weeks wait for results here was quite long enough.

Best wishes for a successful outcome!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Anon - there ARE some good Upper schools though - several outperform Comprehensives!

Note to OOC people:
Unless you live in catchment you cannot guarantee you will get your first preference GS - and unless you live in Bucks you are not guaranteed a GS place at all!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now