SWHC result released 'In Error'

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11+pass

Re: SWHC result released 'In Error'

Post by 11+pass »

Last year SW Herts Consortium emailed the results on Friday 16th October when they had said they would email them on Monday 19th. Both Bucks and SWHerts results were sent on the same day.
My only advice to parents waiting for results is that whatever the outcome, please acknowledge your child positively for his/her efforts. Qualifying for grammar school at age 11, does not mean that a grammar school child will be more successful in life than one who goes to the local comprehensive. Like I've said before, a child who wants to study and do well, will do well regardless of what school he/she goes to.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

If a parent has submitted a paper SIF (on the basis of unverified scores seen early) and then changes their mind and amends their CAF so that school isn't listed, the SIF will just be ignored.
kedar

Re: Exam results

Post by kedar »

Otter wrote:Who and where? All the consortium website says is that the parent portal is undergoing "maintenance".

I quite surprised this has happened anyway, I suspect that the results posted were real but someone made a balls up and applied the result to the website one week too early.

How did this come to light anyway, did someone on the off chance login and guess the full URL or were they notified by email first?

Do you think that the results posted in error were actual results?
Another question if last year lowest score was 227 for WGGS would it be ok to put it as first option if my DG got couple of less scores?
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Kedar

If you're a couple of marks down on last year, you have to give it a go. And if you don't get WGGS, you've still got a good score for SCD and Rickmansworth.

Hopefully when results are finally announced, there will be some guidance as to how scores compare now we are in 2nd year of CEM. Then you will be able to make a more informed decision.
Otter

Post by Otter »

kedar wrote:

Another question if last year lowest score was 227 for WGGS would it be ok to put it as first option if my DG got couple of less scores?
Bottom line is you put down what you want, however if your child's score is within a few points of the 2016 entry then by all means put WGGS first but you should always have a backup that she stands a chance of getting in to, also bear in mind according to http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=10227 the September figure for outer zone for WGGS was 212 but that seems an anomaly as most years the March to September decrease is about 4 points. There's no point in putting WGGS, Parmiters and SCD and ending up with an unwanted school.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Kendra

As far as I'm aware the historical results are the lowest score from first round of allocations (please someone correct me if I'm wrong!) but spaces were allocated in the second round and sometimes until September with lower scores to people on the continued interest list and those are not 'advertised' so there's a very good chance of getting a place in the second round IMO
Hera

Post by Hera »

According to WPs stats on the admissions sticky the outer catchment results dropped significantly between March and September (although I think the outer and inner catchment scores are probably the wrong way round). Take a look as based on last year you should stand an extremely good chance.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=10227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11plusparent2016

Post by 11plusparent2016 »

Results are out, I could log in to the website and check the results(although, I haven't received any official email) and they are exactly same as what it was when released in error.
bablondon

Post by bablondon »

SWHC results are out on the website after login at http://www.swhscregistrations.com/account/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they are the same as the ones that were released in error last week
kedar

Post by kedar »

Otter wrote:
kedar wrote:

Bottom line is you put down what you want, however if your child's score is within a few points of the 2016 entry then by all means put WGGS first but you should always have a backup that she stands a chance of getting in to, also bear in mind according to http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=10227 the September figure for outer zone for WGGS was 212 but that seems an anomaly as most years the March to September decrease is about 4 points. There's no point in putting WGGS, Parmiters and SCD and ending up with an unwanted school.
Thanks a lot for this information as my DD got 226 and I have been told today that someone with a score of 218 was offered a place in outer area in Jul. So hopefully we should be ok.