SW Herts Consortium Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ham

Re: SW Herts Consortium Results

Post by Ham »

Can anyone tell me how many children took the SWHC 11+ test this year?
Otter

Post by Otter »

Are these figures in the public domain? FWIW on the test day I did overhear the deputy head at WBGS say that there were fewer taking the test at the school this year, whether or not that is indicative of whether it was the case elsewhere was unknown to him.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Otter wrote:FWIW on the test day I did overhear the deputy head at WBGS say that there were fewer taking the test at the school this year, whether or not that is indicative of whether it was the case elsewhere was unknown to him.
Last year, SW Herts exam was a week before CEM Super Saturday, so they would have had a lot of people using it as a mock. I imagine that's the reason they put it back a week, even though that meant that some of their applicants sat the VR a week earlier at DAO.
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

what is the pass marks for South west hers? My son got 227. Do we need add +25? I don't understand/
Otter

Post by Otter »

Pinner wrote:what is the pass marks for South west hers? My son got 227. Do we need add +25? I don't understand/
You can use the score to compare with last year's but to compare it with previous years add 25 to the score.

There's no such thing as a pass mark, this link http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=10227 will show you the lowest scores that got into each of the consortium schools on allocation day, 1st March, and the lowest that got a place by the time the school year started on 1st September. All you have to do is check whether your postcode qualifies your son as well.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Pinner

You will see from sticky near top of topic page that 227 is a very good score and would have been enough to get in to all partially selectives last year. It may be a little different this year but I think likely that you would have a good chance for some or even all schools. Which school do you want?