Last date submission of SIF form

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DadBoy

Last date submission of SIF form

Post by DadBoy »

Dear Moms and Dads

I understand that the last date for submission of SIF form for most of the schools in 31st Oct except Queen's.

But how do we apply to the schools while the schools are closed for half term???

Is that only through post??
1Watford

Re: Last date submission of SIF form

Post by 1Watford »

There is usually someone in at half term. Certainly I've handed in Parmiter's for one DC during half term break. Also we put Ricky for DS as a 4th choice and I didn't hand the form in at all - they called in early Nov asking for it! So it is not a total disaster if you miss the cut off - The CAF is the important one to get in on time.
DadBoy

Post by DadBoy »

Thank you much 1Watford.

I will visit them next week.

Thanks
inzynierowa

Post by inzynierowa »

Best call schools before going there, although during half term the offices might be closed.
Queens in Bushey definitely has a letter box outside the building, but WGGS for example has their letter box inside the school! I hand delivered SIF there on Thursday and was able to enter the school because there were many pupils arriving for a Halloween Party at the time.
I don't know how strict schools are about 21/10 being a cut off date for SIF, but the ones that set that date, have put clear info on their websites.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Over the last 3 weeks I'd sent SIF forms to 4 schools recorded delivery each with a SAE for a receipt, I've only had two receipts back. Parmiters SIF was signed for only on Wednesday (royalmail.com tracking page) so I would expect a receipt back soon I hope. Should I worry about the other outstanding SIF receipt yet, it's already been 10 days since they received it?
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

NOTE: Watford Grammar was meant to be yesterday.
Otter

Post by Otter »

The boys' school deadline is the 31st, it says so on the SIF
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Correct, indeed I was referring to girls.
watford1613

Post by watford1613 »

SIF form from Hertforshire shows the last date as 20th Oct 2016 but Watford grammar school for boys shows the last date as 31st October 2016.

Any idea which is correct.

This applies to all parents, including those who already have children at the School.
Please complete this form and return to Mrs R Dunsby, Admissions Secretary at Watford Grammar School
for Boys, Rickmansworth Road, Watford, WD18 7JF in an enveloped marked ‘ADMISSIONS’ by
Thursday 20th October 2016.

http://www.watfordboys.org/userfiles/fi ... 202017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://beta.hertfordshire.gov.uk/media ... s-5401.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Otter

Post by Otter »

The majority of people would have got their SIF form for WBGS inside the prospectus handed out on the open day on 1st October. That form has 31st October written on it, so I imagine it would be grossly unfair for any received between 21st and 31st to be excluded.

WBGS had an inset day last Friday and I wouldn't be surprised if the admissions secretary is spending half term entering SIF form details onto her computer for those already received. Last year there were 631 applications, that's a lot of donkey work.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now