Would we hear if there was a problem with my application ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thisisnuts

Re: Would we hear if there was a problem with my application

Post by thisisnuts »

Hera wrote:I would ring and double check with the school.
Do schools see such paperwork, or is it dealt with by the Council?
Otter

Post by Otter »

The schools do. They apply their criteria to all applications and send back the results to the Local Authority. They in turn allocate based on preference order.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The Council have nothing to do with the critieria, they only deal with rankings. They are there to stop parents holding onto lots of offers as many used to do.

This resulted in spaces in the classrooms in September as families holding onto more than one school finally realised their dc could only actually go to one school.

The distance critieria is very abused as we well know. Our school is always trying to stamp out the instances of families parachuting in for a couple of months and then returning to their house. So the school will require lots of evidence that you are actually living there and not just cheating a real local resident out of a place.

As this is now your only house I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you have sent them what they have asked for then there is no problem. DG
rosetta

Post by rosetta »

The schools are likely to demand proof that you actually live there and not anywhere else, but as you actually do, there shouldn't be any problems and no reason why an appeal should be necessary.

The rules are intended to root out people pretending to move there who haven't actually, or only temporarily but intend to move straight back to their old house, not people who genuinely have made a permanent move.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

OP - I would definitely ring the LA and check that they have confirmed your change of address is legitimate and that your new address is the one registered against your child's application. We had moved 18 months prior to our CAF and had to provide all documentation to demonstrate we had sold our previous property and bought our new one. This was despite the move being within borough -we were eligible for all the schools we applied for at both addresses - and it took a few checks to make sure all of our information was fully updated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now