Are you happy with your Plan B?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tense

Are you happy with your Plan B?!

Post by tense »

I guess many of us on this part of the forum are hoping for one of the few places available in either the Herts Consortium schools or the DAO/HBS/QE side (sorry if there's more - don't know so much about those schools myself!).

I've been looking in other sections & I so wish this was a "proper" grammar school area.....I'd feel quite confident that my DD was amongst the top 25% of all children, but I'm much much less confident that she'll be one of the top 5% or whatever it is.

I'm bracing myself for news that she'll go to our safe choice school. Although I know I'll be a bit disappointed to start with it's a good Plan B. But I'm always surprised to hear that some people only put three of the top schools as their choices - even when they live quite a distance from them.

So just being nosy really - are you happy with your Plan B??!! :lol:

x
zorro

plan B

Post by zorro »

I know what you mean about the grammar schools . Odds seem much better than DAO don't they?
We are waiting for DAO (no chance!) and Aldenham (independent) Were unlucky with QE Boys and Haberdasher's the numbers sitting the exams were ridiculous.
All this started back in Nov with Owen's,seems unfair that we have to wait so long!
Which schools are you waiting for and what do you think your DD's chances are?
Good Luck anyway!
sj355

Re: plan B

Post by sj355 »

zorro wrote:I know what you mean about the grammar schools . Odds seem much better than DAO don't they?
We are waiting for DAO (no chance!) and Aldenham (independent) Were unlucky with QE Boys and Haberdasher's the numbers sitting the exams were ridiculous.
All this started back in Nov with Owen's,seems unfair that we have to wait so long!
Which schools are you waiting for and what do you think your DD's chances are?
Good Luck anyway!
Zorro,

My friend whose son got into Aldenham phoned me on Sunday. I asked her how her boy is doing at the school and she told me he is tremendously happy over there! My son will visit to see him on Friday (although I will be at work) and hopefully he will tell me more about how he is doing (although I am fairly sure this will not be the focal point of what they will talk about !)
sj355
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi sj355,
Glad to hear your son's friend is happy at Aldenham. My son's interview went well and we were impressed when we went back to look around.
Everyone was really friendly and my son was asked if he liked the school. we find out next Fri- I have everything crossed!!!!
tense

Post by tense »

Hope you get the news you want Zorro!

Unfortunately my Plan B doesn't stretch to private schools. My DD is hoping for Parmiter's but she's a realistic soul & knows it's unlikely. But we couldn't risk making all our choices the selective schools as my nearest school is an ofsted 4 ... :cry: ...it would be awful to be allocated a place there.
tense

Post by tense »

PS Don't mean to offend anyone who has chosen said school.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi Tense,
Good luck for your results day!
So big envelopes are what we are looking for apparently!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now