Advice on appeals process in herts.

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
family18

Advice on appeals process in herts.

Post by family18 »

I really could do with some advice, my daughter is currently on the waiting list for Parmiters she is positioned at 18, however we did not get any of our school choices and were offered a place at the worst performing school in Watford. I am so frustrated she is my only child and doesnt have priority with regards to siblings, distance from school etc. The other schools we chose normally accept pupils from where we live but for some reason this year many pupils havent gained places.

My concern is that she achieved level 5+ in all subjects in year 5 and her teacher saids that she is on course for level 6 this year though they are unable to receive this grade in their sats. I could really do with some advice with regards to appeals, if my daughter was to go to the school offered 'westfield' it would absolutely ruin her education, their performance ratings are attrocious, it is also not easy to travel to there from where we live as it is the other side of watford and none of her fellow peers would be attending there.

I am so concerned that I am prepared to leave work to homeschool her until a suitable school is allocated. Any advice or tips would be grately appreciated :oops:
toony

Post by toony »

My advice would be to go on the continuing interest lists for all the schools you might be willing to accept - Queens, Ricky, Clement Danes? There is nothing to stop you going on these CI lists, plus up to 3 community schools.

I believe these schools might be willing to use your score and you may find you are higher up their waiting lists and might get a place in the next round.

It is a horrible situation for many this year I believe.
tense

Post by tense »

And stay on the list for Parmiter's of course! 18 doesn't seem too bad to me. Do you know where you are on the lists for your other ranked schools?
watdad

Post by watdad »

Are you really 18th?

The reason I ask is there are for kids in every position so you could be 92nd in reality

I am in the sam situation
toony

Post by toony »

The letter says approx 4 at each place so unfortunately I think you would be very lucky if you were offered down to number 18. 2006 went down to 3, 2007 down to 8.
watdad

Post by watdad »

Has anybody got any knowledge of how far Ricky go down the list?
family18

Post by family18 »

Yes she is number 18 but you are correct up to four students can be in each position but they wouldnt equate to 92, but 72. I know its a long shot but you just never know. Things could change once the private school results come out as quite a few applicants apply for both private and parmiters, hopefully a few may drop out.
watdad

Post by watdad »

Parimters were quite helpful when I called them. But they did inform me based on passed experience the list is unlikely to go past 5 (or 20)

72 would be more than half their intake or the year!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now