rugby mouthguards

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

yoyo123 wrote:This has been an interesting discussion. My son plays club rugby (u-15s) and just has a boil inthe bag type one, He is even less intelligible wearing it than normal. I hadn't heard of these mouthguards, are they available nationally?
They have a website - just search for opro.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Thanks!

:D
sj355

Post by sj355 »

They come along normally and do everyone in a conveyor belt system. The home systems are generally more for when you've missed or can't make the dentist visit. O-Pro are actually very local anyway being based in Welham green near Hatfield so they may have some flexibility. If you buy another at the same time i.e. same fit you get it quite a bit cheaper. though I've preferred the "fear of god" and "taking it off him" asap approach as a cheaper way of preventing loss :D
[/quote]

Conveyor belt sytem is a spot on description. My son did it last year; great opportunity to make friends and catch up with gossip as you wait for your turn!
sj355
loulou

Post by loulou »

My son did it last year; great opportunity to make friends and catch up with gossip as you wait for your turn!
Hi sj355

Did this happen after they had started at school?

loulou
sj355

Post by sj355 »

loulou wrote:
My son did it last year; great opportunity to make friends and catch up with gossip as you wait for your turn!
Hi sj355

Did this happen after they had started at school?

loulou
Yes very soon after they had started and the mouthguards were delivered (to the boys at school) very quickly.
sj355
loulou

Post by loulou »

Excellent - thanks. Thats one less thing for me to think about then!

Loulou
filbert

Post by filbert »

yoyo123 wrote:This has been an interesting discussion. My son plays club rugby (u-15s) and just has a boil inthe bag type one, He is even less intelligible wearing it than normal. I hadn't heard of these mouthguards, are they available nationally?

I agree you can't put a value on teeth and I wince every time he launches himself at someone!
Your club can organise with O-Pro to have a club based session provided you can guarantee enough. The parents (hopefully!) order online via the O-Pro website so it is all sorted for the impression day. They also tend to pick up quite a lot of custom on the day. The resulting mouthguard has your child's name and the club/school name embedded into it. You generally get the product after 4-5 working days.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now