Parmiter's transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

munchsmum

Parmiter's transport

Post by munchsmum »

Can anyone please clarify the situation with regards to transport to Parmiter's?

We are considering applying for 2009, but are a little confused over the bus set-up. Am I right in thinking that if we fall into any of the eligibility groups, we would get free transport, however, if not, there is no guarantee of a place on the bus, paid or otherwise? I have been led to believe that the bus places are allocated on a term by term basis. If that is the case, then I guess we would have to take a chance on our son being lucky!

If he is not particularly blessed, does anybody have any suggestions of a realistic public transport option from Borehamwood to Garston? We are reasonably new to the area and despite several internet searches, I cannot find anything that takes less than an hour and a half.

Thanks
tense

Post by tense »

I'm afraid the short answer is I don't know. But have you looked on the Herts website - there is a copy of their Home to School Transport Policy 2008 there. It is full of "ifs and buts" (& I've only glanced at it!) but I suspect it will only cover transport to your nearest suitable school (as in what the LEA considers suitable!) not just the one you want to go to.

I posted on the thread "Bus routes to Parmiter's" about the school's own bus routes. None of them seem to come from Borehamwood although I may be wrong as I don't know the area. Why not try ringing the school & asking them if one of their own buses goes near where you live? They are always very helpful.

T.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now