Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Parmiter's transport
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:48 pm 

Can anyone please clarify the situation with regards to transport to Parmiter's?

We are considering applying for 2009, but are a little confused over the bus set-up. Am I right in thinking that if we fall into any of the eligibility groups, we would get free transport, however, if not, there is no guarantee of a place on the bus, paid or otherwise? I have been led to believe that the bus places are allocated on a term by term basis. If that is the case, then I guess we would have to take a chance on our son being lucky!

If he is not particularly blessed, does anybody have any suggestions of a realistic public transport option from Borehamwood to Garston? We are reasonably new to the area and despite several internet searches, I cannot find anything that takes less than an hour and a half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:38 am 

I'm afraid the short answer is I don't know. But have you looked on the Herts website - there is a copy of their Home to School Transport Policy 2008 there. It is full of "ifs and buts" (& I've only glanced at it!) but I suspect it will only cover transport to your nearest suitable school (as in what the LEA considers suitable!) not just the one you want to go to.

I posted on the thread "Bus routes to Parmiter's" about the school's own bus routes. None of them seem to come from Borehamwood although I may be wrong as I don't know the area. Why not try ringing the school & asking them if one of their own buses goes near where you live? They are always very helpful.