Watford grammar proximity

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest111

Watford grammar proximity

Post by guest111 »

Hi,

Can anyone let me know, if a boy gets into watford grammar on the basis of proximity, for how long does he need to stay in the same address (or in proximity) after starting his year7.

I tried to search for this information. But could not get it anywhere. Please let me know if any of you are aware of this. Many thanks in advance.
watmum

Post by watmum »

I am sure you will receive other replies to your question.

I can not see that once you have got a place you would need to stay there for a specific length of time, plenty of people move house once their children start at secondary school don't they?

unless of course theere is something slightly underhand going on and the move into the catchment area to secure the place has only been done with that aim in mind......
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Thank you very much watmum.

Actually, if someone is renting and thier rental contract finishes and they have to move out, then I was wondering whether we can move out to another place very local or do we need to stay in the same place.
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Also, if anyone have heard of any cases where the boy was taken out from school because of their moving house, please let me know. Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Most schools will expect you to have a rental contract of a certain length [at least sixth months after entry] and no other property.
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Thank you. We are trying for admission for 2009 and could not get this info in "moving on" booklet. As we are getting our rental contract renewed now, we will make sure that it will cover significant period of time after entry.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That is certainly the case locally and a HT told us at an Open Evening that places had been withdrawn from people when their addresses were found to be dodgy/
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now