Nfer for Hertfordshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
raceytracey

Nfer for Hertfordshire?

Post by raceytracey »

We have been practicing VR and maths using the NFER papers which we have now completed.

I have bought some athey papers today as they seem to reflect the same sort of questions.

Are these the right kind to buy for Hertforshire? I hope so coz I just laid out £22 for these papers!!

Also are the Herts exams multiple choice?

Thanks in advance
WP

Re: Nfer for Hertfordshire?

Post by WP »

raceytracey wrote:We have been practicing VR and maths using the NFER papers which we have now completed.

I have bought some athey papers today as they seem to reflect the same sort of questions.

Are these the right kind to buy for Hertforshire? I hope so coz I just laid out £22 for these papers!!

Also are the Herts exams multiple choice?
See Frequently Asked Question #2.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi

Thanks for the link. Ok so seems best that we are using different papers.
nakabar

VR for DAO

Post by nakabar »

Is VR based on Athey papers for DAO exams? Should we be buying NFER standard papers as well?

PS how do you change the password when you log in to the forum please? :(
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

It seems reading this that the SW Herts use the Moray House VR papers - thought I'd buy some practise ones but they're out of stock at Amazon and £30 at Smiths! Does anybody know where you can buy them at a reasonable price or, if not, which other makes are most similar?
WP

Post by WP »

newgirl wrote:It seems reading this that the SW Herts use the Moray House VR papers - thought I'd buy some practise ones but they're out of stock at Amazon and £30 at Smiths! Does anybody know where you can buy them at a reasonable price or, if not, which other makes are most similar?
They have apparently used these for the last two or three years, but don't bank on them continuing to. Other users of these papers (Warwickshire and St Michael's in Barnet) have switched recently because people have been able to obtain the actual papers used.
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Does anybody know if the VR is multiple choice for the Herts test? I've been doing Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks in preperation for the Bucks test - will these "do" for Herts too?
tense

Post by tense »

newgirl wrote:Does anybody know if the VR is multiple choice for the Herts test?
No - both tests are standard - see WP's excellent sticky.
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Yes I know that it says Moray House VR but I can't seem to find these at Amazon and at Smiths they are £30! I just wondered if there was any similarity to other VRs books on the market or what indeed what type of questions they are. 100 questions in 45 mins (or whatever it is) seems huge and I hoped I might be able to find the sort of questions that they might be "in for".
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now