Herts Music test and HBS & MHCHS first round

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

purple

Herts Music test and HBS & MHCHS first round

Post by purple »

DD sat the music exam last week, just wondering if they write to tell us the results even if she is not called back to play an instrument? Or is it only if she is called back?
same question for HBS & MHCHS. do they only inform us if recalling for 2nd round or do they write with the bad news too?
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

Apparently not. Only the people who get asked back get a letter. Although I don't know how soon those get sent out. Presumably it must be within the next few days as I think the "recalls" are in about two weeks.
loup67

Post by loup67 »

As far as DAO is concerned letters arrived Tuesday,luckily DD got call back for next week,children who weren't successful also got letters though telling them their scores.
For MHCHS they did the aptitude test AND the audition at the same time so I imagine you will not hear anything until March.
DAO hopeful

DAO Music Test Second round

Post by DAO hopeful »

So DAO do send all candidates letters, even those who got less than 46 marks. I always thought that only those who go through heard. That is the right thing to do and I am glad to hear it. Not sending the Dear John letters seemed at odds with the DAO very fair approach in other areas. We had two sit from our school and they both got through. Do we have any idea how many are through? Lou67 when is your slot? My neice is frid am 26th nov. Is it your first choice or do you perfer HBS or Lattymers? Send me private pm if you prefer not to discuss publically. I am very interested to hear how your daughter found the three different exams. Good luck to your daughter next week. Which instrument is she playing?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now