Watford Grammar exams changed!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Trevor

Watford Grammar exams changed!?

Post by Trevor »

Hi All,

Just received information from the school office that the Watford Grammar (Boys) Exams have changed format from Multiple Choice to Standard. Subjects are still verbal reasoning and mathematics.
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Trevor,

This is an earlier post of mine.
HP wrote:To Propsective Watford Dad,

My daughter sat last Nov. When she came out she told me that most of the verbal reasoning questions were multiple choice, however this doesn't mean that they have a seperate sheet of A-E options to select just that there are various answer options given for each question.

Can also confirm

1. Watford Grammar and Parmiters do have the same test
2. They are Verbal Reasoning and Maths

Format changed recently - last year VR was 80 Q's in 50 mins, when my daughter sat last Nov it was 100 Q's in 45 mins :shock:

HP
Last year we were told it was Standard Format too and as far as I'm aware, the consortium (WGG, WGB, Parmiters, Rickmansworth, Queens etc) have always used Standard Format. This simply means that although there are multiple choice options you mark your answers on the question sheet and not on a separate sheet. If you look at a NFER standard format practise paper, you will see that you are given a choice of answers and have to select by underlining/putting a tick next to/circling one of the options a, b, c, d, e.

Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK

HP
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now