HCC School consultation for 2010 /2011

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi

This may be of interest

To read or comment http://www.hertsdirect.org/csfconsultations

AlisonR

Continued Interest List

Post by AlisonR »

If I have read the consulation document correctly then I think they are proposing to restrict the schools you can go on the continuing interest list for to the 3 schools on the original application.

Personally I agree with this as I find it frustrating that someone who didn't originally apply to a school you originally did can jump ahead of you on the continued interest list. To me it makes a mockery of having to make 3 choices as clearly you can currently play the system and have more than 3 choices.

Alison
WP

Post by WP »

That's right. They've considered this in the past, but put it off because Herts parents have only 3 preferences, and can easily fill them unrealistically. That's still a problem, of course.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

I also would be interested in the admissions criteria for kings langley School.

re the CAf form and rankings it is really difficult to decide a banker school and some of what were termed banker schools are now over subscribed so faced with a choice of placing child on CI list for any school over accepting BH / FC I would opt for the rule not to be changed. :)
WP

Post by WP »

watfordmum66 wrote:I also would be interested in the admissions criteria for kings langley School.
They should all be there. (Bushey Hall is missing, but you might not have been looking for them.)

Kings Langley is a community school, so they'll be using the county rules.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

In last years allocation (ie March 2008 allocations) I believe that children were generally offered Kings Langley only when it was their nearest "non-selective" ie nearer than BH, FC and WF. This meant Abbots Langley children were split between those allocated Kings Langley and those allocated Francis Combe.

My DS is one of those children waiting for school allocations in March 09 and I would advise looking at ALL the possible schools (if you can do this in year 5 you have a lot to take in) before making decisions and especially looking at your "banker" choices.

I think if you are realistic about the schools that your child can get into (taking into account distance and the various assessment tests on offer) then I think 3 choices is enough even including a banker school in 1 of those 3.

Alison
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

" consultation will also look at 2 local proposals "

" Priority area 6 covering Bovingdon .................................... and to introduce a seperate admission criteria for Kings Langley School."

This is what I was refering to.

My Ds is also waiting for allocations for next Sept. :!:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now