continued interest list?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watdad

Post by watdad »

In previous years there were stories of schools offering places direct (not via LEA) and implying their space had been kept available should they still want it. I seem to remember one parent coming on here a bragging about it. When she was challenged she deleted all her posts, not sure if it’s true.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Hi Rivermoon,
I have a daughter, not a son, so I actually got the ranking from the girls school. They haven't given me a score, I've requested it and am still waiting.

I received an acknowledgment from Watford Girls re CI advising that we will remain on the list until 22 May - does any one know what happens after this date? Do we have to put in another CI? I thought that places could be allocated right up until the first week of September.

Thanks
Ricky
watdad

Post by watdad »

Yes you can ask to remain on the list but there is very little movement after term ends and I would imagine you to be in the top two or three to stand a chance.

It will basically boil down to people moving away from the area or having not informed the school they no longer want a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now