WGSG distance criterea

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JP

WGSG distance criterea

Post by JP »

Does anyone know how to find out the following:

1 What the maximum distance was for entry to WGSG under the distance criteria was this year

2 What the lowest test result was for entry to WGSG and Parmiters

3 If is is possible to find out what your childs test score was. I phoned up the school she got into and they would not give me this information.

One of the reasons I want this information is I want to know how she got in - on the academic or distance criterea. I did ask for an audit report but that told me precisely nothing.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
WP

Re: WGSG distance criterea

Post by WP »

JP wrote:Does anyone know how to find out the following:

1 What the maximum distance was for entry to WGSG under the distance criteria was this year

2 What the lowest test result was for entry to WGSG and Parmiters

3 If is is possible to find out what your childs test score was. I phoned up the school she got into and they would not give me this information.
If you write to the schools asking for these things, giving your name and address, they should give them to you. You are entitled to ask for 1 and 2 under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, and 3 under the Data Protection Act 1998. You don't have to give any reasons.
JP

Post by JP »

Thanks for the quick response. I will do that.
WP

Post by WP »

You can write by email or by post. If you go for post, include your email address in case of queries (to avoid delays).
winnie

Post by winnie »

Distance went out to 1433.60. Lowest mark was 242. (about 86% i think).
You have to request an audit reoprt in writing from wggs, with an sae. Mine arrived within a couple of days.
JP

Post by JP »

Interesting, as I emailed the request in the first place but admittedly did not mention the Freedom of Information Act or Data Protection.
WP

Post by WP »

JP wrote:Interesting, as I emailed the request in the first place but admittedly did not mention the Freedom of Information Act or Data Protection.
You shouldn't need to, but it doesn't hurt to remind them (and thus hint that you know they should provide it). Do come back (or PM) if there's any trouble.
WP

Post by WP »

winnie wrote:Distance went out to 1433.60. Lowest mark was 242. (about 86% i think).
You have to request an audit reoprt in writing from wggs, with an sae. Mine arrived within a couple of days.
Thanks, winnie. Is that score for the Croxley/Watford/Bushey area or the Rest of the Traditional Area?
JP

Post by JP »

Thanks for that. My distance (per google maps) is a bit over 1.49 so I suspect it was academic that got her in. It is interesting how much the distance increased so much from last year. I thought I would not stand chance on distance but I as it turns out I was not that far outside the zone. Its a pity the Boys School distance criterea does not extend so far as I am actually a little closer to that there is no chance of my son getting in on academics in 2 years time.
tense

Post by tense »

Watfordmum66 reported on another thread that the lowest qualifying score for Parmiter's was 254.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now