Clement Danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PD mum

Re: Clement Danes

Post by PD mum »

WP wrote:
raceytracey wrote:Sending this question on behalf of someone else. This is not the results for my DD.

CD have written to advise that on the accademic test the highest mark they admitted a child was 278. The lowest mark admitted was 148.

My friends child got 209 but didnt get offered a place. Anyone know the reason why?
Clement Danes have no catchment for selective places, so something must be wrong. My guess is the figure of 148: it sounds extraordinarily low, and previous years have been in the 220s.
If CD have written specifically referring to the academic results, I would suggest 148 is a typing error. With only 21 academic places available, it is not possible (in my experience of the academic tests) that academic place 21 was secured with a mark of 148.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Ah oh ok I see now.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I am at work so wont be able to see my letter until later but wonder where my DD is now on the list.

Thank you all for your prompt replies.
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

raceytracey

Will you have your letter waiting at home today from CD?

Do you mind me asking what your position is and are you hopeful?

Wish you all the best as I went through the admissions process last year and am still helping friends in need this year...
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi PD's mum

Just sent my poor mother to my house to read the letter. Couldnt wait until I got home.

My DD's academic score was 206.

We are 28 on distance now. Original place was 41
75 on accademic. Cant remember what original place was. Think it was 134
Music we are 17. Original place was 26

No chance really have we!! :roll:
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

raceytracey wrote:
No chance really have we!! :roll:
I would suggest your waiting position is the most favourable based on the info I remember from last year.

Last year I recall a place was offered to a family with the original waiting position of 41 (same as you) close to/over the summer holdays on Tudor Way. However, as you know, there are more siblings this year (25 more?) which equals less distance places available, so realisticly, chances are slim.

I get the sense that you seem upbeat, positive yet realistic in your posts - the best way to be...
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Will CD be sending out any more letters with regards to their CI list. I have tried calling them but there is only an answer machine and they never return calls.

Just was wondering if my DD had moved further up the list.

Thanks

Post by 40 »

try email, they seem to repond better to that, even if its only to tell you they cant tell you anything :wink:

best of luck
WP

Post by WP »

I see Clement Danes now have a nice Frequently Asked Questions list for admissions on their website, including the cutoffs for distance, academic and music. (If only all the schools did that.) It seems that all three are significantly tougher than last year.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

I wonder if other schools will follow suit as this is so useful for parents.
watmum

Post by watmum »

I agree, good work by Clement Danes, this is really useful information which is clearly laid out and easy to understand, let's hope that the other consortium schools follow suit .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now