Could this be true?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

I suppose it does affect us in a way because if this ruling is accepted then our children will go down on the CI list.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

I would imagine that they are considering grounds for appeal so if they were correct and from what WP has written appears very unlikley they would admit on the oversubcsription criteria at appeal thus not impacting on the CI lists IMO
tense

Post by tense »

Well I think St CDs may be confusing parents. This extract from their General Information prospectus says -

Measuring distances from your home to a school.
We measure the distance from your child’s home to each Hertfordshire School you list on your secondary transfer form using a computerised mapping system. We measure from the address point for your house (as supplied by the post office) to the nearest public entrance of
the school. This means we can measure the “shortest designated routeâ€

Post by 40 »

does anyone know where this private gated estate is?
WP

Post by WP »

That's quoted from last year's Herts book. Presumably there are roads in this estate, so that would bypass the first point. I think it all hinges on the location of the post office address point for their homes. If it's inside, I don't see how they have a case: the school (and county) have done exactly what they said they would do, and to change things now would open them up to maladministration appeals from other parents.
tense

Post by tense »

WP wrote:That's quoted from last year's Herts book.
But I got it from St CD's prospectus - honest! The school shouldn't have replicated out of date information.... :wink:
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Its Loudwater Estate on the main road from Rickmansworth to Chorleywood
WP

Post by WP »

tense wrote:
WP wrote:That's quoted from last year's Herts book.
But I got it from St CD's prospectus - honest! The school shouldn't have replicated out of date information.... :wink:
Oh, sorry, I meant to say the school had copied it, presumably when they switched from using their own system. These schools are very conservative about changing even minor details in their arrangements.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

WP wrote:That's quoted from last year's Herts book. Presumably there are roads in this estate, so that would bypass the first point. I think it all hinges on the location of the post office address point for their homes. If it's inside, I don't see how they have a case: the school (and county) have done exactly what they said they would do, and to change things now would open them up to maladministration appeals from other parents.
Hi WP

Sorry I am being a bit thick but can you explain what you mean about the location of the post office address point being inside?
Also there are roads in this estate but they are behind the barrier.
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

Hi

Have just spoken to someone at Herts admissions call centre and they seemed to know what I was talking about. Although they couldnt comment directly it seems they are looking into it??

Firstly I was told that the measurement was based on the postcode of the child and their front door so to speak and then when I mentioned about these roads being private they said they couldnt go into detail?

They did ask me why I wanted to know and I said that if these children were given a place or moved up the CI list then it would affect my child on the list.

The parent in question is arguing that there is a gate onto the main public road that the children can walk through from the estate and this is where the distance measurement should be taken from.
However potentially there could be quite a few children walking through this gate and how then would they decide who was first in the queue.??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now