Kent test September 2014 takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

penguin

Re: Kent test September 2014 takers

Post by penguin »

I thought you were saying to use the pet to divine the outcome of the test :lol:
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Two weeks to go :shock:

Not long now, hope everyone's prep going well :)
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

mystery wrote:Really not sure how best to prepare for this mystery test so I am thinking of buying a pet. If it snuffs it in time at least we would have grounds for appeal thus perhaps increasing our current chances.
That really made me laugh!!

Although it shouldn't as two years ago before my first son took the 11+ his cat was mauled to death by a dangerous dog. Thankfully he still did okay in the test but I was very worried!
themadcatlady

Post by themadcatlady »

Villagedad wrote:Two weeks to go :shock:

Not long now, hope everyone's prep going well :)
Feeling a mixture of thank goodness it's nearly over to OMG :shock: no not yet I'm not ready we can do loads more practice :lol:

Hope everyone's managing to stay calm and feels they've done enough prep, with back to school lurking round the corner.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

Think we have reached saturation point here - just hoping we haven't peaked too early!

DD is very reluctant to do any more papers and not really focused enough to do them justice!

On the home straight now and then will have to start all over again with DD2.

:roll:
worriedmum76

Post by worriedmum76 »

Panic stations hit with one week away from the test! My DS looked me in the eye yesterday and asked, mummy do you think I can make it? (we are aiming for a Tonbridge super selective)

I made a very serious face and said of course you can but felt so nervous inside. He is finally scoring in the 80s in the practice GL and Bond papers so fingers crossed for the D-Day. Good luck everyone!
mystery

Post by mystery »

CoffeeCup wrote:
mystery wrote:Really not sure how best to prepare for this mystery test so I am thinking of buying a pet. If it snuffs it in time at least we would have grounds for appeal thus perhaps increasing our current chances.

Although it shouldn't as two years ago before my first son took the 11+ his cat was mauled to death by a dangerous dog. Thankfully he still did okay in the test but I was very worried!
Oh that must have been very upsetting and worse still that it was just before the 11plus. Apologies for the gallows' humour.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

mystery wrote:
CoffeeCup wrote:

Oh that must have been very upsetting and worse still that it was just before the 11plus. Apologies for the gallows' humour.
Careful what you wish for. Hamster died yesterday. Funeral today after school and one very upset DD :-( Guess that kills revision plans for today...
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

MerlinFromCamelot wrote:Guess that kills revision plans for today...
Begs a question.., how much are people doing this far out from the exam.., e.g. an hour a day, or totally scaling back?

What about this weekend and Monday and Tuesday..?

We're unsure as don't want to cut right back i.e. keep fresh in mind, but then don't want to stress DS this near to exam.. :?
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

Villagedad wrote:
MerlinFromCamelot wrote:Guess that kills revision plans for today...
Begs a question.., how much are people doing this far out from the exam.., e.g. an hour a day, or totally scaling back?

What about this weekend and Monday and Tuesday..?

We're unsure as don't want to cut right back i.e. keep fresh in mind, but then don't want to stress DS this near to exam.. :?
We have stopped practise tests now. Sunday will be some revision then that's it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now