Judd / Skinners 2010 admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

SSM wrote:Jimmyjack, where did you get your figures from? I know fro a fact that there are only about 20 boys starting at Skinners in Sept which come from out of kent.
Jimmymack didn't say out of Kent, he said out of area.
SSM

Post by SSM »

dadofkent wrote:
SSM wrote:Jimmyjack, where did you get your figures from? I know fro a fact that there are only about 20 boys starting at Skinners in Sept which come from out of kent.
Jimmymack didn't say out of Kent, he said out of area.
OK, so can he then also define th 'out of area' that the 309 children come from.

This then also leads to the question that should a boy living in Crowborough, which is not in Kent have more right to a place at TWBGS or Skinners, as he lives closer to them, than a boy that lives in Sevenoaks.

The long and short of it is that whatever is decided, it is not going to suit everyone.

As far as I'm concerned, I like the system as it is now, because it suits me. We live closer to The Judd than Skinners, but prefer Skinners and luckily my boys got in. But I'm sure that if they hadn't got a place I would feel totally different.
jimmymack

Post by jimmymack »

SSM wrote:As far as I'm concerned, I like the system as it is now, because it suits me.
Ah well it must be OK then. Source of figures KCC.
SSM

Post by SSM »

jimmymack wrote:
SSM wrote:As far as I'm concerned, I like the system as it is now, because it suits me.
Ah well it must be OK then. Source of figures KCC.
jimmyjack,
if you are going to quote me then please have the decency to quote the full paragraph and in context.
Cory

Post by Cory »

Hi jimmyjack,

Very interested in the figures you quote, can you please let me know where I can find them.

Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now