11+ tests 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Hi all, (especially esm)

The passmark as we know it is not as high as we would expect it to be and this is nothing to do with standardisation.

Standardisation is just a method of trying to make the test equal amongst all ages and different tests.

The simple fact is that there are only so many places in grammar schools available (about 25% of the total places) each year and so obviously the top 25% get those places. However, a child born in September will compete with another child born in September and so on (it is possible for achild born in July to have a slightly lower raw score than a child born in September but have a higher standardized score).

The good news. The average raw score pass is around 50%! I know this seems ridiculously low but it is the case. To achieve a score of 140 (standardised) DC needs to hit around 75% or higher in his raw score.

There is no difference for OOC except of course you are only competing for Judd/Skinners/TOGS (depending on gender!)

I hope this helps.

Robbo
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

Thanks for that Robbo. How do you know all this detail? There seems to be little information out there.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

testbuster wrote:Thanks for that Robbo. How do you know all this detail? There seems to be little information out there.
It was when we were going through the nightmare with DD1 two years ago. Judd actualy used to post it on their prospectus (I have got an old link to that, i'll post it when i find it).

One or two other posters (some moderators confirmed it).

Robbo
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

testbuster wrote:Thanks for that Robbo. How do you know all this detail? There seems to be little information out there.
Testbuster, here is the link to the Judd website - page 10 is the page you'll be looking for.

http://frog.judd.kent.sch.uk/user/74/37469.pdf

Robbo
aron

Post by aron »

Hello,

Pls forgive if am asking a stupid questions.Does it mean that one needn't take 100% in each paper to get a 140 in each paper
SSM

Post by SSM »

Yes it does mean that one does not need to achieve 100% in order to get 140. One only needs to score about 75% to get 140.
rachel'smum

Post by rachel'smum »

Well that is extremely reassuring. Although I am sure I will not stop stressing!!!x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now