Kent Tests 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
medwaymum

Kent Tests 2009

Post by medwaymum »

I assume the ooc candidates are sitting their exams right now, so assume it is safe to discuss our feelings on the exam.
DS came out pleasantly surprised with the math exam, not at all as hard as he expected, said he had seen harder practice papers, and managed to finish the paper. He found non verb fine too, but said he found the vr paper more challenging and had to guess the last 5 as he ran out of time.
Obviously its all relative and if the paper was more manageable the passmark would indeed be higher than usual. :?
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

From what I have been able to get out of DD, the maths paper was more arithmetic based, and many of the subjects we practised, and are included in the NFER practice papers, were not in the test. It may just be, however, the info she is giving me is wrong.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Two years ago, my DD came out of the math test and said it was the hardest paper she'd ever seen and only was confident of about 3 questions!!!
She passed. :roll: I think we may need to be taking a pinch of salt with what our little darlings say...

DadofKent - I have sent you a pm.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Mine found the maths paper very hard -.

We will deal with the result whatever it is - i just don't like the uncertainty!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

My DS also said the non verbal was just like the NFER papers.
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

We got the feeling that NVR was very tough. My DS said that it was very difficult and not like the NFER papers.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

This comforts me - in some weird way -it lovelyto know that they all think such different things about different papers. Still feeling sick though!
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

We are an ooc candidate, thank goodness the first one is over! (just the Medway test to go!)
worried mum of 3

Post by worried mum of 3 »

My DD came out on Tuesday distraught as she had found the NVR far harder than she expected, I feel so sorry for her as she has worked incredibly hard and usually scores somewhere in the 80% margin. We are not holding out much hope that she has passed however I am taking a little comfort in the fact that it seems from the feed back that I have had from her friends parents that NVR shocked a lot of the children in her school. :cry:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

well, look on the bright side, if everyone found it was difficult, then the standardised score will reflect this
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now