advice please, ds didn't finish the exam due to illness

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SSM

Post by SSM »

regretmum, you did nothing wrong. You made a decision to send your child in for the test, how were you to know that he would take a turn for the worse.

We've all done it, either sent our kids into school and then had the phone call that they are really not well and have to go and pick them up. Or kept them at home and then they are as right as rain.

Also, like Sally-Anne says, there seems to be some confusion over timings of the NVR, and it's not very clear if this was only in one school or also where your son was. Even if it was where your son was it is neither his nor your fault, but the fault of the invigilator as they should be experienced enough to deal with those situations. I'm sure your son was definitely not the first nor the last to have to leave the room during an exam.

I wish you luck with the results. Also don't lose heart about your chances of getting in on appeal. At least one of the Y7 classes at Skinners has 32 children in it, and I know that some of those got in on appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now