Any suggestions on how to combat "blind panic"

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heidi

Any suggestions on how to combat "blind panic"

Post by heidi »

Well I am sick with worry and have thought of nothing else all weekend. My child was properly prepared for the 11+ and was getting 80-90% in practice nfer papers but Saturday's Kent Test he just lost it. I think he had a blind panic and each question just got worse for him. He has not been the same child since and we have Bexley this week and I'm worried this has scared him so much he will feel he's forgotten everything he's learnt.

Any suggestions about trying to combat this panic/nerves for him.
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

Poor you. I've no idea....all the best though.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Heidi I have replied to your question on the other thread but will repeat myself...get him to have a look at his previous papers where he has scored well, build up his confidence, and also reassure him that you will be happy as long as he tries his best. Good luck. :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Can he take a good luck charm in with him? Something familiar to him will aid his confidence.

Explain to him the tests he has just done were a trial run to get used to what it's like in exams, and now he's familiar with 'proper' exams he can use it to his benefit (ie: he has an advantage over the others because he knows what goes on - big it up to instill the confidence in him).

Also tell him it doesn't matter what the outcome is because whatever happens you are just pleased that he's trying and thats all which can be asked of anyone.

Hopefully he can recover in time - fingers crossed for you.
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi, Heidi

You may find this thread useful

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=8098

Good luck with the Bexley test.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now