Kent Online Application Website

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Desperate Dan

Kent Online Application Website

Post by Desperate Dan »

In addition to receiving an email tomorrow, will the result be posted on the Kent Online Application website? This morning there is an icon next to DD's name that says "test assesment in progress" so I assume this will change to the result some time tomorrow afternoon.

Is anyone who went through this new system last year able to confirm that please?

I just recall when DD1 went through this process two years ago the school allocation emails arrived very late in the evening and the website was a better source of information for many people.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Great thanks - just been to have a look http://ola.kent.gov.uk/kccadmissions/prefs.php for those who forgot to bookmark it as I did! And I forgot my username & password so have had to trawl through hundreds of emails :cry:
It does look like it's set up to go at the push of a button. Let's hope it doesn't crash with everyone logged on at once hitting the refresh buttons.
Is the time dragging for everyone else?
I've decided to camp outside the HT's door tomorrow pm (accompanying a school trip for them tomorrow anyway) & ask for the numbers after 4pm. Surely they don't have to wait until Tuesday to say?
SSM

Post by SSM »

If I remember correctly, last year they did not issue the test results online, they only did it by post.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

My understanding is that the email does not give results (just whether passed or failed) and you need to get scores from your child's HT. I rang up KCC admissions twice last week. The first time I spoke to a young man who said he didn't think there was any reason why I couldn't ask for my ds's scores any time on Monday. The second time I spoke to a lady who was adamant that scores could not be obtained until Tuesday.

I think it's appalling that KCC does not give any written confirmation of scores. Wouldn't it be awful if a parent misheard their child's score over the telephone! I know for most Kent parents what matters is a pass or fail, but for some schools score is important. I would also imagine some parents may want to rethink their GS options if their child passed by one mark (I'm not saying they should, I wouldn't, but I know some parents would); whilst others will be reassured by a high pass.

Anyway, I'd like to wish everyone on the Kent thread the very, very, very, best of luck for Monday/Tuesday.
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

We have all been officially told by our head that we can call the school after 4 tomorrow and get the results. Head is staying at school until 5.30 to facilitate this.
Alfie
starlight

Post by starlight »

Just checked paperwork from last year and the letter from the council was dated 20th October (Monday) so we would have received it on the Tuesday. The letter only stated whether or not your child was deemed suitable for grammar school - there were no scores. I cannot remember if the email was received on the Monday or Tuesday, but I think I went in to the school on the Tuesday and asked the HT for the scores. Hope this helps?
alexandra6

Post by alexandra6 »

I remember logging onto the Kent CC website in March 2007 when my daughter's results were due to come up under the old system (they took the test in January) and the whole system kept crashing. :twisted:

I logged in to various different parts of the online applications website over and over again , it was a real tease as sometimes I'd get quite a long way through and believed I was about to find out if she'd passed ... then it crashed again. :evil:

Oh the agony. I went out for an hour in the end. When I returned I could hear my husbdand leaving an answerphone message from abroad (always away working at crucial times) and he was congratulating my daughter on her success! He'd successfully logged in from another country and found out before me! At least the email is destined for MY inbox this time so I should know first. DS will be the second to know!
I agonise over all this far more than DH and DS so I feel I deserve to know first!! :oops:
rachel'smum

Post by rachel'smum »

Blimey. I feel sooooo sick :roll:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

My memory is so bad. Is this the first year the tests were sat in Sep?
jingle

Post by jingle »

No, it is the second :)