Our story - a year on from 'failure'

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

;kysiesmum wrote:My friends son missed out on passing the Dover boys test last year by 2 points, she appealed with support from her sons HT and he got in.Part of the HT's advice was to do in depth book reports on 3 different books, apparently gs like this.Another thing if it is Dover girls you are doing the appeal for they may have an 'appeals lesson' the same as the boys school, it may be worth checking.
Thank you for that....Dover is one of our options......we have a friend who got there on appeal last time around
twiggs

Post by twiggs »

This is just what i needed to hear. On reflection our son didnt do to bad but dropped badly on the maths. We decided not to get him a tutor as we felt that he shouldnt be coached to an inch of his life but are now thinking perhaps we should of done. But to late now. In our school the few children that passed had 3 different tutors a week to get them through the 11+ and it has worked for them, however their children are definately not any more intelligent than my son. Cant help feeliing a little bit smug knowing come allocation day they may not get the place they want - is that being really nasty, sorry cannot help that. My son will thrive no matter what, i know that however reading your post puts things in perspective all this 11+ stuff is not about us parents having the symbol of grammer school going out of the door each morning its about the children and where they will be happiest and thrive.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now