Hillview school for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mary

Hillview school for Girls

Post by Mary »

Does anyone have any knowledge/opinions about this school and does anyone know how far out the catchment went last year? Thanks.
twlurker

Post by twlurker »

Went to Hillview open evening this year as am considering it as alternative to TWGGS. My understanding is catchment is approximately 4 miles and has increased in recent years with the addition of an extra Year 7 form. However a dept head told me that the extra places may be allocated on performing arts merit. Currently 10% of available places are allocated this way.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Can't help with the current school, I'm afraid, but I know double Olympic gold medallist Kelly Holmes went there!
scattydolores

Hillview

Post by scattydolores »

Oh no she didn't! Kelly Holmes went to Hugh Christie which is at the other end of the town!
hamster

Post by hamster »

It seems to be quite sought after but I don't think much of Tunbridge Wells is in the catchment area unless you go for a performing arts place. I know of someone who got in by moving house to the north of TW, High Brooms I think. She loves it there.
Tankey

Post by Tankey »

Generally, the catchment starts at about 2.85 miles and stretches to about 4.8 miles, measured in a straight line.
20 places are given to children who show an ability in the performing arts who live outside the catchment.

3 years ago, the catchment went to 8 miles as they gained their performing arts status and had extra places.

HTH :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now