Wilmington Girls - any views on this please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lass

Wilmington Girls - any views on this please!

Post by Lass »

Anyone with girls already at Wilmington Girls that can give me opinions of the school?

I have friends with girls there that started this year, and the girls seem very happy. But they have only been there 1/2 term so it's early days.

Anyone who's opted for Wilmington over Dartford Girls? Is this because the school is seen as less pressurised, or are there other benefits over one or the other?

We are going back to look at both on 3rd November but would value opinions of people with girls attending there. Tours only show what the school wants you to see - nothing beats a bit of first hand knowledge :wink: .

Thanks.
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Hi Lass - I don't have anybody at the school - but, my work does take me into all of these schools. The girls at Wilmington seem very happy - a generally polite group, with what appears to be a very supportive PTA. Funnily - I always do look at the PTA involvement in the school - it gives a good indication to whether the school is supportive of additional needs of the kids, and, if the general parent body is also supportive.
The girls I worked with last year were Sixth formers - all of them very capable, mature young ladies in what they were doing with regards to me. Not very helpful I know.....but......if I had a daughter instead of a son, I would give it consideration just from what I have seen.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now