Order on the CAF Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Order on the CAF Form

Post by doodles »

Does anybody know about St O's and what would happen if you put them second on the CAF form. Do you then even find out if you have passed the exam? Am I just being stupid. We are proposing St O's, Skinners and then two more but don't want to jeopardise chance at Skinners if don't pass the St O's test. I am so confused and there are only three days to go.......
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Doodles, you are not prejudiced by the order you put the schools in, rather it is an order of preference. So if you put St O's first and your DS is in the first 116 ( I think thats the right no) then he will be offered St O's. If he isn't offered a place at St O's then you will be offered Skinners providing your DS has scored highly enough, etc if he hasn't then KCC will offer you the 3rd preference if your DS meets the criteria and so on. Skinners will not know that you have not placed them first. Does that make sense? If not, look at the examples in the KCC information booklet and hopefully things will become clearer.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Should have said that if you put St O's second on the form then you won't get them if you get into Skinners ( but order wouldn't prejudice your application to St O's should you not get Skinners). If you were offered Skinners ( having put them first) I believe that you can still ring St O's after allocation day and ask them if you passed - but you would only get a place at this point if you then put yourself on the waiting list and got to the top of the list ( but presumably you wouldn't want to do this because Skinners would have been your preferred school anyhow ).