Skinners admissions.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Oh great!! Just as I was starting to feel better, and now I've read the last post I'm feeling worse............Surely it can't jump from 406 to 415 - where do people get all this from? Perhaps they're using last year's Judd figure and just speculatively adding on scores. I thought that lots of children had scored less this year, due to the Maths paper.
SSM

Post by SSM »

I think what we are trying to say, is that it is all rumours and scaremongering. At this moment in time there is absolutely no way any one can guess what the cut-offs will be as the deadline has not even been reached for the CAF forms to be submitted.

For all anyone knows the cut-offs might be much lower as all the top scorers might choose Maidstone GSs or St O's.

There is just no way of telling so there is no point in stressing.

I say from the comfort of not having to go through this process again as last year was my last time 8) .

Seriously though, worrying about it will not change anything so just hope for the best and try to get the CAF form in and then forget about it for a couple of months.

Best of luck to everyone.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Sorry, wasn't intended to make you feel bad, just to give an example of the scarey stories circulating!

I think it's highly unlikey that Skinners will jump up to 415 - and I'd also add that the person who told me this might well have had a case of sour grapes as her son had not scored well, so was probably just putting the wind up me on purpose.
doodles

Post by doodles »

How does anybody know what they think the pass rates will be this year. It is all pure speculation - there is no fact yet. I spoke to the Choices Adviser at KCC today and they gave me no indication at all. Also not everybody (myself included) has submitted their CAF form yet.

My advice is don't listen to playground chit chat, it's rarely right. Keep cool and good luck.
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Thanks everyone. I guess I just had a wobbly moment and was looking for reassurance. The best thing is to do now submit the CAF and forget about it all until next March - and to definitely NOT talk to anyone else about it.
hamster

Post by hamster »

From reading other forum posts it does seem that there are more OOC passes this year which may have a knock on effect.

Are you out of catchment for TWBGS?
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Kentsussex border said "little niggles at the back of your mind that resurface at 3am."

I so agree. 3am not a good time for me. Logic, fact and 3am do not go together.
doodles

Post by doodles »

So glad others have the 3am spook hour!! Having finally filled in the CAF form and submitted it online I slept so well last night! However, I have rung them twice today to make sure they got it - why twice? Because I didn't believe the first person!!!! Perhaps that will be tonight's worry.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Don't even start me on Night Thoughts ... :( :(
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the 3am worries... :wink:

It always looks brighter in the morning.