It's All Over Now...... Or Almost

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

It's All Over Now...... Or Almost

Post by doodles »

Am I the only one who is slightly relieved that there is nothing we can do now. Except wait until March.

Feel slightly punch drunk with it all and looking forward to a weekend when I don't actually have to think about decisions any more!

Just to say Good Luck to everybody - hope that it all works out for all of our children.
omg

Post by omg »

I'm so relieved too, can try and forget about this for a while now. Difficult I know 8)
Tankey

Post by Tankey »

I am relieved, but busy getting my appeals ready to I am not in a panic in march :)
mother night

Post by mother night »

I rather agree Doodles, but I have to admit that I find the waiting very hard, it drags the whole process out and I just want an end to it all really.

I was relaxed until I read - via this site, that the results were delivered early to the schools to enable HT appeals. This set off a strange trigger and I suddenly had to know what my DD's results were- now! When my email was delayed by five hours I was almost insensible. Now the results bit is over and she passed, I'm now obsessing about how far I am from our grammar school.

It's such a rollercoaster I'm so glad to gear that at least you're relaxed Doodles!

MN
longwait

Post by longwait »

I was at ease after 11+ exam and relieved after oct19th...nothing is in our hands now so lets hope for the best .Good Luck to everyone
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Mother night "I was almost insensible"

Yes this described me at that time. Particularly after my DD informed me that her books had been taken by the headteacher. Insensible actually probably not quite describe me - was worse. Tried then to stop using the site as decided it added to my worries. But I have failed. Back here to be with those who understand me to while away the days until March 1st! How many days is it I wonder. How many 3 o'clock worries Doodles?

But agree - good that I can't change the form again - changed it three times yesterday! Back eventually to original choices.
doodles

Post by doodles »

NKM - Too many 3 o'clocks for the night cream I've just bought to cope!

Could look very haggard by March! Should I resort to alcohol or yoga? Do find that if lying there awake at the aforementioned hour saying my times tables backwards and forwards from 2's to 12's is very soporific!!!! I know I am sad - but have to keep those wrinkles at bay somehow!!!!
mother night

Post by mother night »

Did it work out NKM? Did you ever discuss this with the HT? That would have sent me over the edge- as if it's not bad enough.

It's difficult to know that the choices you and your DC have made are 'correct' in the sense that they play the game and don't jeopardise any potential opportunity.

However, we just wait now.....and yes I will have some 3am moments I'm sure.

Good luck to all.

MN
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Will try the tables game. Actually I am getting better at the moment. Start thinking about it from 6am onwards - so it is the job of the day cream not the night cream to keep the wrinkles at bay. Have just invested in some more- a bulk load. Would suggest yoga Doodles. Have tried the alcohol route - not effective, just adds to the 3 o'clock worries! Oh to think I have to do this all again.

Mother night - re books, I will never know why - moral of the tale is don't look at this site then you don't know enough too worry!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I too have to do it all over again but second son only in Year 3 at the moment so I can breath for a year or so! Thank goodnes.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now