Getting Stick?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I've been fortunate in that we have had only positive responses, both to myself and also to my DS - the boys in his year who also sat the tests were genuinely pleased to see him do well.

Ignore those who are negative, congratulate your child as much or as little as you choose and enjoy the moment.
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

Blue Peter wrote:"Our child got 420 and I can tell you that the one thing we are not doing is broadcasting the score."

Well Johndoe, if that isn't broadcasting the score, I don't know what is!!
I'm guessing John Doe isn't his real name!

Don't tell me you're really called Blue Peter...
bingybongy

Post by bingybongy »

kentsussexborder wrote:I've been fortunate in that we have had only positive responses, both to myself and also to my DS - the boys in his year who also sat the tests were genuinely pleased to see him do well.
I agree, the other kids are pleased, just some of the other parents...
FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

tired_dad_2008 wrote:
Blue Peter wrote:"Our child got 420 and I can tell you that the one thing we are not doing is broadcasting the score."

Well Johndoe, if that isn't broadcasting the score, I don't know what is!!
I'm guessing John Doe isn't his real name!

Don't tell me you're really called Blue Peter...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Enjoy your child's success and praise the hard work put in.

My son got 410 and I will tell people when they ask how he did. However, I do add that he deserves it as he worked extremely hard all summer when a lot of his friends were having a lovely lazy time and I am proud of the effort he put in. He has learned a valuable lesson that hard work pays off. I also know he worked to the best of his ability and that is all we have ever asked of both of our sons.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Enjoy your child's success and praise the hard work put in.

My son got 410 and I will tell people when they ask how he did. However, I do add that he deserves it as he worked extremely hard all summer when a lot of his friends were having a lovely lazy time and I am proud of the effort he put in. He has learned a valuable lesson that hard work pays off. I also know he worked to the best of his ability and that is all we have ever asked of both of our sons.
bingybongy

Post by bingybongy »

doodles wrote: However, I do add that he deserves it as he worked extremely hard all summer when a lot of his friends were having a lovely lazy time and I am proud of the effort he put in. He has learned a valuable lesson that hard work pays off.
I couldn't agree more (you had the same summer we had, by the looks of it!)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Obviously didn't get his brains from his mother who managed to post the same thing twice!!!!
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Totally agree with John Doe - excellent points. Well done to all those that pass but quite frankly I have seen some just brag about it until their heads are almost on the floor. There is a great deal of luck in the 11plus results and some kids are very unlucky.
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Also my son works extremely hard at school and has had extra tutoring for years (and God i know this sounds like sour grapes but i don't care lalala!) and spends much longer on his homework than some of his 'brighter' friends yet he gets frustrated and angry at his ability which is lower than his friends. Working hard does not always equate success... :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now