Whats the diff between Kent and Medway 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sherry_d

Whats the diff between Kent and Medway 11+

Post by sherry_d »

I have noticed a few Kent parents are also going for the Medway 11+. I am really thinking it will be a good idea for DD to do the medway tests too and just wondered what the difference is

We will focus 100% of our energy in the Kent test but I have noticed some medway grammas seem to get a little undersubscribed. Last year i remember seeing a few of them advertising in KM that if you passed your 11plus they have places.....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

This sticky has the format of the Medway test
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=5112

I presume you know the kent format, if not there is a sticky on thhe kent section about format too.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Thanks that sticky was helpful and just another question.

Do you fill a separate allocation form to go for a medway school and a separate form for kent?
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

I've only done one allocation form - the Kent one, and on there, it gives you the choice for Medway schools. I have put a Medway school as second choice, with a Kent one as first choice.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

You only fill in one SCAF, which is the secondary school choice form. You must fill in the one that you pay your council tax to. On it, you can list other schools from other areas ie. if you are a Kent tax payer, you fill in the Kent form and include both Kent and Medway schools if you want to list both.

Hope this is useful. :)